At TreasureBox, our team is trying our best to offer every item sold in its perfect condition however, should you have an issue with a product, we are happy to honour our obligations to you under both the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and Fair Trading Act 1996. These obligations are in addition to our returns policy (discussed above). Most of TreasureBox products carry 90 days warranty (unless stated otherwise).
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for the products we sell. We may repair, replace or refund any product in accordance with the Act if that product is faulty or otherwise fails to meet the standards imposed by the Act.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect customers from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing, where the product was made, where the product is from, the meeting of New Zealand safety standards, the availability of products in store and the sales techniques used.
If item/s received that found to be not working or faulty; you are required to make a contact with us as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org for our Customer Service Team to advise you what’s next.
Most of cases, we will try our best to arrange a replacement or a replacement part/s for you if applicable or otherwise a full or partial refund will be issued.
We will be processing a faulty item/s return with conditions below:
- You are required to contact us via email@example.com to provide us a description of the issue and to provide us a photography of the faulty item/s or part/s involved within the 90 days upon receiving the parcel
- Subject to the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, we may repair, replace or refund any product that does not meet the standards set out in those Acts.
- Our Customer Service Team and our technician will determine your case based on the fact and evidence you have provided and your claim may be granted
- We will not accept any return without approval from our Customer Service Team
- Please note that we may require you to demonstrate the problem and we do reserve the right to test on the returned product which please kindly allow up to 3-4 working days to process
- The faulty product will have to be returned within 14 days after approval – We will be arranging prepaid returning courier tickets/ bags for you at our cost along with returning procedures provided
- All the returning product/s are require to be packed in the original, unmarked packaging with all the accessories, tools, user manual and invoice included
- Please note that if you have damaged or disposed the original packaging or have not included the accessories that originally came with the product, only a partial refund will be granted
- You will be required to book for a courier pick up or else to arrange an approved drop-off on site with our Customer Service Team
- Our Customer Service Team will then make a decision if a claim will be granted after receiving your returned product
- In the case of approved refund, it will be issued either as store credit or direct credit bank transfer
Please note if the test result was then found being misrepresented by you or it was due to misunderstanding of user instructions or incorrect handling then the shipping of returning this product back to you will be at your cost. In this case, if the returning shipping fee is not paid within 30 days after our Customer Service Team notified you the declined claim under this policy, then the product will be permanently disposed of. If you would like to know more and to ensure that your returning item/s meets the above conditions, send us an email now via firstname.lastname@example.org, our friendly Customer Service Team will be happy to help.